Thursday, May 26, 2011

Harry Potter Star Emma Watson becomes muse to artist

Harry Potter star Emma Watson got a surprise when she approached her favourite artist to purchase one of his pieces as he ended up immortalising the actress in 34 new paintings.


Watson has loved Mark Demsteader's art since she was a schoolgirl and wanted to buy one of his pieces for her 21st birthday in April.

But the British star was left in shock when he ended up asking if she would pose for him instead.

Emma wrote on her website: 'There is a gallery in Oxford that I used to look in after school which exhibited Mark's work. His paintings were always my favourite. For my 21st birthday I decided to contact Mark to buy some of his work.

'When he asked if he could paint a series of paintings of me, I was a bit nervous about the idea at first but obviously incredibly flattered - it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I am Mark's biggest fan and I am hugely grateful.'

Mark agreed to give 10 per cent of his proceeds from the paintings to charity - and added that it was an honour to work with Emma.

The collection will be exhibited at the Panter & Hall Gallery in London from June 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment