Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean:4 Mermaid Astrid Berges-Frisbey talks Nak*d scary mermaids like "Gemma Ward"

 Astrid Berges-Frisbey, a Spanish-French actress, has found herself in the middle of one of Hollywood's biggest movies, playing a mermaid in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" and she shared a few things viewers have to look forward to.


"The movie starts again like from the beginning," Astrid Berges-Frisbey told OnTheRedCarpet.com at the film's Disneyland premiere. "It's a new story. You find again, Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Gibbs and some characters but there are so many new ones, interesting ones. The mermaids are scary. Angelica's [Penelope Cruz] character is just great. They had this marvelous idea to create a feminine of Jack."

In the film, Johnny Depp is back to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow and in this installment, Jack crosses paths with Angelica (Cruz), a woman who he slighted in the past and they agree to help each other to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenga, a ship belonging to the most dangerous pirate alive, Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack is not sure who to worry about more - Blackbeard or Angelica.

"On Stranger Tides" also introduces the beautiful but deadly mermaids and though they manage to capture mermaid Syrena (Astrid Berges-Frisbey), one of the men (Sam Claflin) falls in love with her.

The 25-year-old actress made her English language debut in the movie after appearing in several French films like "The Sea Wall." She was also the spokesmodel for fashion line French Connection's 2010 campaigns. But nothing could prepare Astrid Berges-Frisbey for the size of "Pirates of the Caribbean."

"I miss words to explain how marvelous this was for me," Astrid Berges-Frisbey said. "I still haven't realized it. I saw the movie once already and this is just unreal to feel like, 'Okay, I'm part of the movie.' It was such a great experience and I learned so much. I just want to thank everybody who gave me that part. It's unreal. I never thought I will be in a movie that big, that huge. I was just a huge fan when I was 16. Also, my part was really interesting for me as an actress."

Pirates: 4 Mermaid Astrid Berges-Frisbey N*de in her films "The Sea Wall ", "Extase", "Elles et moi ", "Divine Émilie"


No comments:

Post a Comment